Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bun in the oven

I'm happy to share that we are having another little girl. She's due beginning of January. I'm glad I kept some of Leena-Deen's clothes and baby supplies so we really don't need to buy anything. The only thing I'm considering is a double stroller. But I'll marinate on that idea for a bit.

In the meantime, I'm trying to eat right, get rest, and keep up with my two year old. Oh and did I mentioned Leena-Deen is potty trained!

Yes we accomplished this feat just before her 2nd birthday last summer. So I will avoid having two little ones in diapers. Maybe I can teach her how to help change her little sisters diapers which will of course be the cloth hand me downs Leena-Deen used.

Stay tuned for more updates on my 2nd pregnancy and Leena-Deen's adjustment.

Pregnancy is a magical blessing. It wasn't exactly easy as I've had two losses, one of which was earlier this year in February. My way of healing and moving is knowing that my body wasn't ready and the baby wasn't healthy. Perhaps this is why I put so much into my daughters heathy diet and development. Her life is so precious to me and I want her to be strong and healthy.

Some of the books I've read that have given me great perspective on my own body's strength and wellness are Heal Thyself by Queen Afua and Mama Glow by Latham Thomas.

I'll build my book list and post so you can see the other books that have inspired me.

NYC - June 2011 - two weeks before Leena-Deen's birth

Any of you on your second, third, fourth....pregnancy?

What advice can you share?

No comments:

Post a Comment